I decided to partake in a “hair challenge” and below is an excerpt of the rules from one of my favorite natural hair bloggers, College Curlies.
Do YOU Accept the Challenge?
Hey y’all! If you’ve been keeping up with College Curlies for a while, you all know that CurlyNikki is my favoriteblogger and hair inspiration, and what loyal fan would I be if I didn’t share her latest project with you all?
Starting today, February 1, 2011, CurlyNikki.com, in collaboration with actress and comedienne Kim Coles, will begin its six month nationwide “Grow Out” Challenge which will last from February 2011 through July 2011. This will be the perfect time for thousands of women across the U.S. to embrace their natural hair and have invaluable resources at their fingertips to help them along their journey of personal growth.
You are encouraged to blog about your grow-out experiences, on your own personal blog or here. The six-month long journey to natural hair starts Feb. 1, 2011, at midnight and will end on July 31, 2011, at 11:59 p.m.
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day (or half your body weight in ounces)
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Take a multi vitamin and other beneficial supplements
- Handle hair gently at all times
- Seal your ends every time you moisturize
- Minimize (direct) heat usage
- Deep treatment at every wash session
- Develop and follow a consistent hair routine, tailored to your specific needs and desired goals
- Document your progress, observations, and frustrations on your personal blog
- Encourage your fellow curlies by sharing tips, advice, and chiming in on their blogs
- Have fun and enjoy the journey!
“Together we will embark on the sometimes difficult, yet completely rewarding, challenge of maximizing growth potential, maintaining length, and revealing your healthiest hair possible.”