My Labor & Delivery Story

I’ve been absent lately and for a great reason.

Two Friday’s ago, on February 3rd at 8: 35 in the morning

Harper Renee decided to enter the world.

Just a week shy of her projected due date.

So where do I begin.

On Thursday, I woke up and dropped my son off at school and went to outreach members at the hospital for work.

This Thursday was a little different because I had a few people to see at the hospital I was set to deliver at.

For the past few weeks, I’ve been joking with my coworkers that I would be at the hospital outreaching members when my water would break and I would be able to waddle my butt down to the Emergency Room.

& wouldn’t you know… that sort of happened.

After seeing members at my first hospital, I had noticed a little leakage had been occurring. It wasn’t enough to panic but it caught my attention.

Luckily I was headed to my hospital were I was set to deliver next.

I talked to my mom and she thought it would be best that I would go to the ER if the leaking continued.

Previously, my water had broke with Dhani will I was going to the bathroom and I really didn’t notice a major pop or anything like how it is showed on the movies so I went back to sleep. This time I didn’t know what to expect because I really didn’t realize my water broke last time.

So I went to the ER to get checked.

They ran a bunch of tests and determined that my water in fact did not break and they were going to send me home after monitoring Harper’s heartbeat for a while.

I was watching and listening to hear heartbeat and noticed that at certain times it was rising and falling. This caused the resident to get nervous and she decided to admit me.

She basically told me and Stephen to prepare for a baby because she was on her way.


Listen, one thing I did not want to happen was to be induced. My mother was induced and told me the contractions were 10 times stronger when she was induced so your girl was nervous.

It’s been almost 9 years since I have had to deal with contractions so I was somewhat nervous.

I was told that since I had been in the ER since 11 am that I would be able to eat before the induction was started.

BUT Harper had other plans. She decided to roll over on the umbilical cord and her heart rate decelerated again.

I was also already having minor contractions so they thought this would help speed up…yes speed up the damn contractions so she could come faster.

However, they wanted to be cautious because my amniotic fluid was getting low and they believed I had gestational hypertension which could lead to preeclampsia.

They started me on pitocin around 7:45 and I was still only about 2.5 cm dilated. Pitocin basically helps to speed up your contractions.

I was checked again around midnight and sadly I only dilated to 3.5 cm and I was getting annoyed lol.

My water still hadn’t broke and I had to ask for help to go to the bathroom which drove me crazy. I could feel her head moving down and I was just ready to push!

I attempted to sleep and had to go to the bathroom again around 5:30 am.

When I got back in to the bed and settled…my damn water broke.

LISTEN, the last time it broke I was peeing on the toilet. This time THIS POP was insane. I mean it slightly hurt but I was excited it broke because it meant Harper would be on her way soon.

With the breaking of my water came strong contractions. I mean the contractions were crazy strong and started off at about every 2 minutes and was quickly getting stronger and closer together.


I requested my epidural around 7 and the pain was all but gone around 7:25 and sadly I was only 4 cm. -___-

Stephen and I assumed that we would be waiting a lot longer because I was slowly dilating however something told me that she would be here soon.

However, I didn’t realize that I would be ready to push 30 minutes later.

I had dilated so quickly with Dhani that the doctor kind of predicated that the same would happen with Harper.

Boy was he right.

When my doctor checked me again at 8:15, I was fully dilated and ready to push.

3 pushes later and Harper Renee entered the world at 8:35 am.

Weighing in at 6 pounds and 4 ounces and she was 18 1/2 inches long.

I’m in love all over again.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Peace and Love ❀


One thought on “My Labor & Delivery Story

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s